Relaxation Spa & Wellness
Undergoing a kneipp cure at the hotel Sonnenhof in the AllgÃ¤u region
Holistic health. According to the priest, Sebastian Kneipp, we should use the power of water for a healthy life in harmony with nature. Undertake active prevention and activate self-healing powers. With the wonderful side effect of stress resistance and good spirits
Inner calm and composure in a kneipp cure at the wellnesshotel
Enjoy the invigorating feeling when your circulation gets into its stride as you tread water. Your metabolism will be gently stimulated and your immune system strengthened. You do not have to do anything else – simply take time out for yourself.
Wise men heal that which is not yet ill. The Kneipp philosophy is aimed mainly at preventive application but is also suitable in dealing with the treatment of existing illnesses (curative). The Kneipp approach regards itself as being supplementary and never as contrast to scientific medicine.
What does kneipp mean?
The Kneipp therapy rests on 5 pillars:
5 pillars of kneipp for a life in balance:
- Hydrotherapy. Treading water and Kneipp effusions strengthen the body’s defences, improve circulation and heighten performance. At the Sonnenhof you can undergo a Kneipp cure in an exclusive atmosphere with the support of an excellently trained Kneipp bath attendant.
- Exercise. With sporting activity the cardiovascular system really gets into gear. Exclusive cycles are available for you on loan. Or you can discover the barefoot path in the spa park directly opposite the hotel. In the fitness rooms our therapists will assist you with strengthening courses and workouts.
- Nutrition. What the priest, Sebastian Kneipp, taught in the past is today more up to date than ever before: in our restaurants you will find healthy wholefood which helps to prevent illnesses.
- Phytotherapy. When conventional medicine reaches its limits, medicinal herbs can provide effective relief. In teas, ointments or bath additives, the holistic medicine unfolds its full effect.
- Balance. A conscious, balanced way of life brings body, spirit and soul into harmony. Moderation is also part of the philosophy as is also things such as helpfulness and responsibility in dealing with nature.
Kneipp treatments for everyday
You can benefit from simple Kneipp treatments even in everyday life, without any complicated devices. A cool arm bath, also called “Kneippian espresso”, will wake your body in no time. Please keep in mind to do cold treatments only on warm body parts. For your arm bath, fill a sink with 12 to 18 degrees cold water. Then dip your arms for about 30 to 40 seconds up to the middle of your upper arms. Then put your clothes back on and move your arms slightly to warm up again.
Spa gardens Bad Wörishofen
At the heart of the spa town Bad Wörishofen you will find a green paradise for walking, relaxing and exercising - a joy for both the eyes and the soul. Different individually designed rooms will invite you to discover the facets of the park.
The spa gardens also offer possibilities to do something for your health. Take off your shoes at the barefoot path and feel the different surfaces like you may not have experienced it for a long time. Walking barefoot on stimulating undergrounds will enhance the circulation of the foot soles, promotes a good posture and strengthens the foot muscles.
The pleasure for the senses will continue in the scent and aroma garden where 250 different aromatic plants will tickle your nose. From lavender to wild roses to sycamore you will encounter well-known and maybe less known aromas.
In three herb gardens you will explore the world of herbs. Your walk will also become informative with the many boards that will teach you something about the history of wild herbs. The three gardens are named after herb experts from different epochs: Walahfrid Strabo garden, Leonhart Fuchs garden and Sebastian Kneipp garden.
After your walk along the paths you can take a break on one of the benches. Sit down in the Hainbuchen gazebo, in the Hildegard von Bingen garden or watch the people on the meadows and paths.
Kneipp facilities in Bad Wörishofen
Scattered across town you will find 23 Kneipp facilities in total. The Kneipp facilities either consist of an arm bath basin or a basin for treading water or both. There are even two facilities in running waters in the Wörthbach. Every Kneipp facility has a sign which will tell you the temperature of the water basin and how to use it.
Under the direction of pastor Sebastian Kneipp, the health resort in Bad Wörishofen gained momentum at the end of the 19th century. His hydrotherapy brought wealthy and health-conscious people to the village in the Allgäu in order to alleviate their suffering. Before World War I Wörishofen already counted 10,000 spa guests per year, in 1920 the town received the title “Bad”. From the 1950s, tourism experienced a big boom. To this day, the competence of Germany's oldest Kneipp spa town is unmatched. Benefit from the original Kneipp cure in Bad Wörishofen!
The Steigenberger Hotel Der Sonnenhof offers the perfect prerequisites for implementing the 5 pillars of the doctrine of Kneipp. The best way of getting to know this is to take up our offer during a Kneipp trial week. Following an initial examination by a medical specialist we will draw up your particular individual Kneipp cure. The medically prescribed Kneipp applications, two partial massages, daily water gymnastics together with a gymnastic and sports program (excepting Sundays) and the final discussion are all contained in the package for the Kneipp Trial Week.
Kneipp trial week â‚¬ 350.00
Can be booked throughout the year:
- specialized medical examination at the beginning
- individual cure plan, including all medically prescribed Kneipp treatments on five days
- 2 partial massages
- aqua gymnastics together with a varied gymnastics and sports program
Price without overnight stay
You can book the Kneipp trial week by telephone at: +49 8247 / 959-550. We look forward to your call!
Kneipp trial extension week â‚¬ 325.00
Can be booked throughout the year:
Simply extend your Kneipp trial week by another 7 days at a particularly favourable extension price:
price without overnight stays
The Kneipp trial and extension week can be booked at any time by phone at +49 8247 / 959-550. We look forward to your call!